Cardmakers Arms, Manchester Road, Huddersfield
- location: Manchester Road, Huddersfield
- status: uncertain
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
References to this beerhouse appear to be limited to the 1871 Census and a couple of newspaper articles from that year. The beerhouse keeper was cardmaker Joshua Ellis Morton who was born in Mirfield circa 1826 and who had moved to the Huddersfield area after the 1861 Census.
- 1871 — innkeeper Joshua Morton (aged 46)
The exact location of the beerhouse appears to have been somewhere to the east of the junction with Manchester Road and within the boundary of the West Ward.
Notes and References
- With thanks to Susan Hutson of Huddersfield & District Family History Society for identifying this beerhouse.
- Joshua Morton probably died in Huddersfield aged 47 in 1879.