Buxton Road Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Chapel Hill, Huddersfield
- location: corner of Chapel Hill & Chapel Street, Chapel Hill
- status: no longer exists
- category: church or chapel
Discovering Old Huddersfield
Extract from Discovering Old Huddersfield (1993-2002) by Gordon & Enid Minter:
The road at Chapel Hill, originally Buxton Road, was the way by which the Huddersfield to Woodhead turnpike of 1768 left the town. The names of certain closes shown on the 1716 and 1778 maps of Huddersfield indicate that the sloping land around here was named Bank and when, in 1775, a so called "Dissenter's Chapel" was built near the top of the hill it was called Old Bank Chapel. This was the first Wesleyan Methodist Chapel to be built in the town and soon after its building this section of Buxton Road became Chapel Hill. The chapel, which stood on the right hand side of the road, was rebuilt in 1837 and renamed Buxton Road Chapel. It was closed in 1950 and subsequently demolished to make way for road improvements in the area.