The 1871 Census records it as a beerhouse and residence of butcher Ben Brooksbank (aged 52). By 1891, the innkeeper was butcher William Bradley (aged 41).
The Alehouse Licences also record the following transfers of licence:
The inn was recorded as being owned by Bentley & Shaw, Ltd., as was nearby Butchers Arms in Netherton, which led to bookkeeping error in 1932 when a sum of £25 paid by the Netherton public house was credited and then paid to Mrs. Ada O. White of the Berry Brow Butchers Arms. The brewery ended up taking the case to Huddersfield County Court to reclaim the disputed money.