It gave its name to the Bull and Mouth inn, which was situated at the northern end of the street.
At its southern end were the Ramsden Street Congregational Chapel and the Philosophical Hall (both facing onto Ramsden Street). Towards the northern end of the street were located the Guild Hall Sunday School and the Lock Up (later the Borough Police Station).
By the time of the 1890 Town Plan, the Hall had become the Theatre Royal and further development of Queen Street had created Cross Queen Street. The building of the Market Hall in 1878 resulted in Swine Market being renamed Victoria Street.