Brown Cow Inn, Market Place, Huddersfield

GEOGRAPHIC STUB (LOCATION UNKNOWN)
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location, although the exact geographic location is uncertain. More detailed information may eventually be added. If you know exactly where this was located, please get in touch!

Details

  • location: Market Place, Huddersfield
  • status: no longer exists
  • category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.

In 1803, the licencee was named as Daniel Armitage. Fellow landlords William North (Boy & Barrel) and William Booth (Horse & Groom) provided sureties for Parkin.

In Old Huddersfield 1500-1800 (1981) by George Redmonds, the author provides a diagram which shows the Brown Cow was situated on the eastern side of the Market Place, adjoining the King's Arms.

Location

The approximate location, based on George Redmonds' diagram, is show below:

Brown Cow Inn, Market Place, Huddersfield

Categories

Buildings | Demolished buildings | Location unknown | Public houses, beerhouses, inns, etc. | Stub entry
This page was last modified on 12 August 2018 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed