Brown Cow, Mill Gate, Paddock Foot
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: Brown Cow Hotel (1939 Register)
- appears on maps: 1851 [#256], 1890 [#128]
- location: Mill Gate, Paddock Foot
- status: still exists but now under a different use
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
- 1841 — beerhouse keeper Nanny Haigh (63), married daughter and her family, and three others
- 1861 — innkeeper widow Nanny Haigh (83), daughter Mary Webb (53), grandson William Webb (20), two lodgers and a servant
- 1891 — publican George Carter (37), wife Maria (38), two children, two lodgers and a servant