Brockholes Junction

Brock Holes Junction is a former railway junction to the south-east of Brock Holes Station where the Holmfirth Branch Line branched off from the Huddersfield & Sheffield Junction Railway (now known as the Penistone Line).

Both the branch line and the main line were formally opened on 1 July 1850. The nearby station was originally known as Brock Holes Junction during the early 1850s.

The Holmfirth line closed to passenger services in November 1959 and to freight traffic in April 1965.

Location

Brockholes Junction

Categories

Railway junctions
This page was last modified on 9 April 2019 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed