Ing Field House, Manchester Road, Marsden
- location: Manchester Road, Marsden-in-Almondbury
- status: still exists
- category: property
Previously the site of the British Queen public house, which had opened by the 1840s. The premises closed in 1855 after failing to renew its licence, causing the Huddersfield Examiner to announced that the British Queen would "henceforth abdicate and retire from 'public' business altogether."
- Marsden History Group — British Queen & New Inn
Notes and References
- The British Queen was presumably named after the start of reign of Queen Victoria in 1837.
- "Marsden: Abdication of the British Queen" in Huddersfield and Holmfirth Examiner (25/Aug/1855).