British Oak Inn, Taylor Hill

This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...


  • location: Taylor Hill Road, Taylor Hill, Almondbury
  • status: no longer exists
  • category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.

Another beerhouse with the same name was situated near Lockwood crossroads.


    Loading... ::::::kia k024256:::


The History of Lockwood and North Crosland (1980) by Brian Clarke:

The title of this beerhouse does not appear until 1884 but it would seem that the house was founded in 1868 by George Bradley, passing to James Clay in 1870, his widow in 1873. Managed by Tom Boothroyd in 1879 the ownership passed to Arthur Clay and Charley Atkinson who sold out to Bentley & Shaw in 1904. Converted to Inn status in 1950 the inn is still in existence.