British Oak Inn, Lockwood
- location: Lockwood Road, Lockwood
- status: no longer exists
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
The British Oak Inn was recorded at 202 Lockwood Road, Lockwood, in the 1900 Directory and was the adjacent entry to the Lockwood Baptist Chapel. According to Brian Clarke, this was a building that once stood to the southwest of the chapel which was demolished in the 1930s.
Another beerhouse with the same name was situated on Taylor Hill.
Licensees and Landlords
- Thomas Iredale — West Yorkshire Alehouse Licences (P33/5/2)
- Henry Jackman — from 12 October 1881
- Henry Jackman — Borough of Huddersfield: Burgess Roll and Register of Parliamentary Electors (1885-6)
- Lister Sykes — 1900 Directory
The History of Lockwood and North Crosland (1980) by Brian Clarke:
This beerhouse, next door to the Baptist Chapel, owned by Richard Perry, opened in 1841. Joshua Gelder, previously of the Horse & Groom, was licensee until 1866. Purchased by Bentley & Shaw in 1893 the licence expired 17th January 1921 and the building was demolished as part of the Red Lion redevelopment in 1937.