The History of Lockwood and North Crosland (1980) by Brian Clarke:
This inn opened in 1867, John North being the licensee until 1876. In private ownership until purchased by Bentley & Shaw in 1893 the house closed on 14th August 1968. The building still stands, now isolated as all the houses it served have been demolished. The building is currently occupied by "Kleen-a-Blind".