The landlord in the early 1850s was Benjamin Denison, who died on 4 January 1858, aged 59.
By 1876, the landlady was Martha Micklethwaite who successfully applied for a games licence covering dominoes, puff billiards and darts.
The Brewers Arms were sold at auction on 17 July 1877:
VALUABLE PUBLIC HOUSE AND DWELLING HOUSES IN SPRING STREET, HUDDERSFIELD.
LOT 1. THE BREWERS' ARMS.
All that capital well-built and well-accustomed (free) BEER HOUSE, called "Brewers' Arms," situate in Spring Street, Huddersfield aforesaid, together with two COTTAGES now occupied therewith, with the Brewhouse and and convenience thereto.
The above premises (along with Lot 2) are held on lease from Sir J.W. Ramsden, Bart, with a term of 99 years, from the 29th September 1859, and will be sold subject to an apportioned ground rent of £4 18s.
ALL THOSE TWO SUBSTANTIAL DWELLING HOUSES adjoining Lot 1 on the low side, and fronting Spring Street. And also all those Eight other COTTAGES, forming with the above premises a spacious yard or square, together with the conveniences thereto.These premises are held under the same Lease as Lot 1, and will be sold subject to an apportioned ground rent of £7 6s. The property is in good repair, and in the occupation of respectable tenants.
The landlord in the mid-1890s was Edward Winn.
The property had returned to residential use by the time the 1937 Directory was compiled.
The address is recorded as 15 Spring Street in the 1901 Census. Based on the 1960 O.S. map which includes property numbers, the location is given below: