This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1905 [#44]
- location on map: off Halifax Road (now Edgerton Road), Edgerton
- status: still exists
- category: private house
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 29 September 1978
- listing entry number 1134248
EDGERTON ROAD (North Side). Edgerton No 16 (Bremen House). 1868. Ashlar. Hipped slate roof. 2 storeys. Deeply moulded and bracketed eaves cornice. Moulded string. Moulded impost band on ground floor. Moulded sill band on 1st floor. 3 ranges of sashes, round-arched with moulded voussoirs and foliate imposts on ground floor, segment-headed with foliate swags at sides on 2nd floor. In the right hand bay the sashes are paired and divided by pink granite columns with foliate capitals. Centre bay breaks forward and rises into a 3-storey tower. Door with 6 elaborately moulded panels, semi-circular fanlight, keystone, moulded voussoirs, pink granite columns with foliate capitals and foliage carving of high quality in impost bands, spandrels and panels either side of door. 3rd storey of tower has angle pilasters taking full entablature, and 2 round-arched windows per side, with moulded voussoirs, imposts and keystone.