Bradley Local Board
Bradley Local Board was the local authority body primarily responsible for issues relating to public health in the hamlet of Bradley and was formed on 27 February 1862 with an initial membership of 6.
Typically elected by local rate payers and property owners, Local Boards were formed following the Public Health Act 1848 and the subsequent Local Government Act 1858, and had responsibility for the oversight of sewers, water supplies, public toilets, street cleaning, slaughterhouses, pavements, and burial grounds within their district.
Bradley Local Board District
The extent of the local board district (taken from the early 1890s O.S. maps) is given below. The district is shaded in green and the entirety of historic township of Huddersfield is shown in red.