This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1890 [#105]
- location on map: corner of Waspnest Road & Mead Street, Birkby
- status: exists but under a different use
- category: school
- notes: now Birkby Fartown Community Centre
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 29 September 1978
- listing entry number 1266875
WASP NEST ROAD (East Side) Fartown. Dwarf wall and gate piers to Birkby Junior School. Late C19. Hammer dressed stone wall. Ashlar piers, geometrically shaped, square in section at base, cylindrical in centre, pyramidal at top. Simple mouldings.