This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: Sunny Bank Baptist Chapel, Sunny Bank Particular Baptist Church
- appears on maps: 1894 [#36]
- location on map: junction of Bolster Moor Road & Slades Road, Bolster Moor
- status: still exists but now in different use
- category: church or chapel
Founded when a group of thirty Baptists seceded from Pole Moor in 1882 "because they objected to the use of fermented wine at the Lord's Supper", the chapel was built in 1888. Members of Clough Head Baptist Chapel joined in 1968 after the closure of their place of worship.
Bolster Moor Baptist Church closed in 2013.
Notes and References
- ↑ West Yorkshire Archive Service: Off the Record.