Black Horse Inn, Lowerhead Row, Huddersfield

GEOGRAPHIC STUB (LOCATION UNKNOWN)
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location, although the exact geographic location is uncertain. More detailed information may eventually be added. If you know exactly where this was located, please leave a comment!

Details

  • location: 13 Lowerhead Row, Beast Market, Huddersfield
  • status: does not exist
  • category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.

The beerhouse was owned by Henry Ashton circa 1880, with Abel Cartwright becoming the licencee in March 1882, taking over from previous landlord Charles Bilsborough.

Census Returns

  • 1891 — beerhouse keeper Alice Ann Greenwood (39)
  • 1901 — innkeeper William H. Asquith (39)

Location

The exact location of the Black Horse Inn is uncertain, but it was situated between the entrances to Shears Court and Skilbeck's Yard. The approximate location is given below:

Black Horse Inn, Lowerhead Row, Huddersfield

Categories

Buildings | Demolished buildings | Location unknown | Public houses, beerhouses, inns, etc. | Stub entry
This page was last modified on 18 December 2016 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed