Black Horse Inn, Lees Head, Dalton
- location: Lees Head, Dalton
- status: no longer exists
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
By the early 1900s, the premises was in need of urgent renovation and repairs. After considering their options, the owners decided it would be cheaper to build a new inn rather than carry out the repairs. A provisional licence transfer to a new premises was granted at the Brewster Sessions of 1903 and the current inn on Briggate was open by 1904.
The original Black Horse building was left standing but had been demolished by the 1950s.
- 1861 — farmer & innkeeper John Gomersall (aged 41)
Notes and References
- West Yorkshire Alehouse Licences 1803 (QE32/15)
- "Local Property Market" in Huddersfield Chronicle (26/Nov/1892).