This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- location: Lees Head, Dalton
- status: no longer exists
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
Recorded as an inn by 1803 (if not earlier) when Hannah Stancliffe was named as the licensee. Offered at auction in November 1892, together with the adjoining bowling green. By the early 1900s, the licence and name had seemingly been transferred to a property at Briggate. The property was demolished by 1950s.
- 1861 — farmer & innkeeper John Gomersall (aged 41)
Notes and References
- ↑ West Yorkshire Alehouse Licences 1803 (QE32/15)
- ↑ "Local Property Market" in Huddersfield Chronicle (26/Nov/1892).