War Memorial, Birchencliffe

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • location: in the grounds of St. Philip's Church, Birchencliffe
  • status: still exists
  • category: war memorial
  • UK National Inventory of War Memorials: #52613

The memorial is in the form of a sundial and was unveiled on 25 September 1937.

It was relocated within the church grounds in 2002.[1]

Inscriptions

Location

The following map shows locations linked to those named on the memorial:

Links

Notes and References

  1. http://www.warmemorials.org/search-grants/?gID=287
  2. Possibly James William Harpin (c.1898-1917) of Biggleswade who served with the Middlesex Regiment [#G/28899] and died 28 September 1917, although it remains uncertain how he was linked to the Birchencliffe area.