Bertram Preston Higginson (1896-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HIGGINSON, BERTRAM. Private. No 201251. 1st Battalion The Royal Scots Fusiliers. Born Elland, West Yorkshire. Son of Mr and Mrs James Higginson, Burnlee, Holmfirth. Prior to enlistment, was employed in the finishing department at Digley Mills, Holmfirth. Enlisted February 1916. Trained at Chelmsford and then was sent to Ireland. Embarked for France in December, 1917. Reported missing, 28.3.1918 and afterwards presumed to have been killed on that date. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Upperthong War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private BERTRAM HIGGINSON
- regiment: Royal Scots Fusiliers
- died: Thursday, March 28, 1918
- record ID: 786473
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #786473)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #5124040)