The Berry Brow Gas Company was formed circa 1849 for "the purpose of supplying that locality, Armitage Bridge, and Park Gate with gas".
The company was wound up in February 1873 when its works were sold partially to Huddersfield Corporation and also to Messrs. John Brooke & Sons.
Notes and References
- ↑ "Berry Brow Gas Company" in Huddersfield & Holmfirth Examiner (24/Jan/1852).
- ↑ Possibly for the sum of £360.
- ↑ "The Berry Brow Gas Works" in Huddersfield Chronicle (15/Feb/1873).