The mineral water manufacturing firm of Benjamin Shaw & Sons Ltd. was established by Benjamin Shaw, together with his sons Ernest and Frank.
Shaw had also been in partnership with his brother, George Shaw, as Shaw Brothers — "Botanic Porter and Ginger Beer Manufacturers" — which was dissolved on 1 September 1876.
The business was registered as a private company in December 1913, with a capital of £20,000 in £1 shares.
The present vast organization of Messrs. Benjamin Shaw & Sons Ltd., situated at Bay Hall, Huddersfield, was originally founded in 1871 by Mr. Benjamin Shaw, who commenced business in the manufacture of mineral waters in a small works in Charles Street, Huddersfield, but the quality of the beverages produced soon brought him fame, necessitating continual expansion, until, in 1895, the present spacious accommodation at Bay Hall was erected, which to-day ranks amongst the finest factories of its kind in the North. The present business is under the control of a Directorate, consisting of Messrs. Frank Shaw, Sydney E. Shaw (son of the late Mr. Ernest Shaw), Benjamin Shaw (son of Mr. Frank Shaw) and Mr. B. Stephenson.