Benjamin Mellor (c.1899-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MELLOR, BENJAMIN. Private. No 42367. 3rd Battalion Worcestershire Regiment. Born Shepley. Son of Jonas and Frances Mellor, of Yew Tree Cottages, Shepley. Employed by Messrs Johnsons, of Moldgreen, Died of dysentery as a Prisoner of War, 15.10.1918, aged 20 years. Buried WORMS (HOCHEIM HILL) CEMETERY, GERMANY. (The names are carved on a screen wall in the Allied Plot).
- ROH:- Shepley War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private BENJAMIN MELLOR
- regiment: Worcestershire Regiment
- died: Tuesday, October 15, 1918
- age: 20 years
- record ID: 331258
- If Somebody Remembers Me! Men from the Village of Shepley who Served in the Great War (2014) by Geoff Peel
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #331258)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3005490)