Ben Senior (c.1892-1916)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SENIOR, BEN. Gunner. No 77454. 135th Siege Battery, Royal Garrison Artillery. Born Deanhouse near Huddersfield. Son of the late George and Jane Senior of 'The Queen's Arms', Netherthong. Employed as a weaver at Deanhouse Mills. Was a member of the committee of Netherthong Working Men's Club and attended the United Methodist Church. Played football with the Netherthong Association football club. Embarked for France in July 1916. Died of wounds, 8.10.1916, aged 24 years. Buried LONGUEVAL ROAD CEMETERY. Grave location:- Row B, Grave 12.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner BEN SENIOR
- regiment: Royal Garrison Artillery
- died: Sunday, October 8, 1916
- age: 24 years
- record ID: 246350
- History of Netherthong: Netherthong and its WW1 heroes
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #246350)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3960087)