Ben Moorhouse (c.1894-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MOORHOUSE, BEN. Private. No 203123. 13th Battalion York and Lancaster Regiment. (1st Barnsley Pals). Third son of Mr and Mrs Moorhouse, Hall Ing Farm, Honley. Attended the Woodroyd Chapel. Employed by Messrs Woodhouse and Rawlinson, Holmfirth. Enlisted March 1916. Was gassed in August, 1917. Died of trench fever in hospital in Birmingham on 30.4.1918, aged 23 years. Buried HEPWORTH WESLEYAN CHAPEL YARD, HOLMFIRTH. Grave Location, F, 26.
- ROH:- Honley War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private MOORHOUSE
- regiment: York and Lancaster Regiment
- died: Tuesday, April 30, 1918
- record ID: 2752299
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2752299)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3109694)