Ben Maude (c.1886-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MAUDE, BEN. Gunner. No 117739. 256th Siege Battery, Royal Garrison Artillery. Born Cumberworth. Son of Mrs Mary Maude. Lived Piper House, Cumberworth. Was a widower, with two children. Employed by Mr Harris Wood, quarry owner, of Shepley. Enlisted September 1916. Killed by a shell at the Battle of Arras on 25.4.1917, aged 30 years old. Buried FEUCHY BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row B, Grave 27.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner BEN MAUDE
- regiment: Royal Garrison Artillery
- died: Wednesday, April 25, 1917
- age: 30 years
- record ID: 532728
- Photos on the Wall: A Short History of New Mill and the Great War (2015) by Tom Ashworth
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #532728)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2977246)