Bedfordshire Advertiser (04/Dec/1903) - Hertfordshire

The following is a transcription of a historic newspaper article and may contain occasional errors.

Hertfordshire.

By the munificence of Mr. J.W. Carlile, of Ponsbourne Park, near Hertford, a new wing has been added to the handsome building known as the Carlile Institute, erected by him twelve years ago at Meltham, Yorkshire, and presented to the inhabitants for their use and enjoyment. The original buidling, which is in the Elizabethan style, cost Mr. Carlile over £6,000. The new wing was opened by Mr. W.W. Carlile, M.P. for North Bucks, son of the founder.

Bedfordshire Advertiser (04/Dec/1903) - Hertfordshire

Categories

Articles about James William Carlile (1823-1909) | Articles about Meltham | Articles about the Carlile Institute, Meltham | Articles from 1903 | Articles from the 1900s | Newspaper articles
This page was last modified on 3 September 2016 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed