There's not much to see here at the moment but we hope to add more details about this topic at a later date :-)
The Beaumont Park Museum was set up by Seth Lister Mosley on Woodside Road, which ran along the top of Dungeon Wood.
Shortly after it was announced Dungeon Wood would be turned into a park, the "Scraps and Hints" opinion column in the Huddersfield Chronicle suggested it would make the ideal location for a "little museum."
On 7 August 1883, the Beaumont Park Committee considered an application by Mosley "to put up within the Beaumont Park a board with black and gold lettering announcing his [museum]."
Notes and References
- ↑ "Scripts and Hints" in Huddersfield Daily Chronicle (21/Mar/1880).
- ↑ "Huddersfield Town Council" in Huddersfield Daily Chronicle (16/Aug/1883).