Baths, Low Town, Kirkburton
GEOGRAPHIC STUBThis page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- location: Low Town, Kirkburton
- status: still exists but now in different use
- category: public baths
The public baths were built circa 1882 by baker Joseph Pickering. Unusually, he allowed mixed bathing and also Sunday bathing. The building was also used for public meetings. Following Pickering's death in 1936, the baths were bought by his son-in-law Arthur Lodge of Wallasey. The subsequent owner was W. P. Sawtell of Woodsoem Villa, Kirkburton, who then placed the building up for auction in October 1945.
Notes and References
- ↑ "Who Will Be 'Taking the Plunge?'" in Bradford Observer (04/Oct/1945).