Extract from Discovering Old Huddersfield (1993-2002) by Gordon & Enid Minter:
Before driving off along Bath Street notice the three storey building opposite the end of the street on the far side of Lockwood Road. This was the Bath Hotel built at the same time as the baths to accommodate visitors coming from far afield. Bath Street was originally an ornamental garden planted with lawns, flower beds, shrubs and trees, where clients could stroll and take their ease after the exertions of the swimming baths and before the serious business of eating lunch or dinner at the Bath Hotel.
The History of Lockwood and North Crosland (1980) by Brian Clarke:
This inn was built as part of the Spa Bath holiday complex and opened in 1827 with George Smith as the first of dozens of licensees. He was followed in 1837 by James Parkin and in 1848 by John Ellam. This inn was the first local establishment to offer a range of entertainment other than that of drinking, being licensed for bowls, billiards, draughts and music from an early date. In 1869 the premises were acquired by Bentley & Shaw's brewery and the inn closed on 30th December 1952. The building still stands today, the ground floor currently unoccupied, the upper floors are domestic flats.
LOCKWOOD ROAD (North Side). Nos 188, 188A and 188B. Mid C19. Former Spa Hotel, built to complement Lockwood Baths. Ashlar. Hipped slate roof. Three storeys. Moulded eaves cornice. Blocking course. Continuous let floor sill. Four ranges of sashes. Door with 6 panels (4 fielded) and oblong fanlight framed by two Tuscan 3/4 columns taking full entablature. Three steps up to front door with Regency-type cast iron railings. Carriage entrance with three-centred head and moulded voussoirs.