Bath Buildings, Huddersfield

Bath Buildings (now known as Bath Street) was a street named after the spring baths that were once situated off the road to Bay Hall (now St. John's Road).

The baths are marked on George's Crosland's 1826 map of the town but the building had been demolished by the late 1840s.

The spring that once fed the baths is mentioned in an exchange of letters between Enoch Sykes (of Lucas Yard) and someone writing under the pseudonym "A Cellar Dweller" published in May 1850 in the Huddersfield Chronicle.

Location

Bath Buildings, Huddersfield

This page was last modified on 5 January 2018 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed