This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- appears on maps: 1851 [#5], 1854 [#101]
- location on map: junction of Barton Lane (now Ivy Street) & Manchester Old Road (now Blackmoorfoot Road), Crosland Moor
- status: still exists
- category: terraced row
- notes: 4 properties, although "Discovering Old Huddersfield" speculates that Barton Tower Lower is a reference to the area, rather than the properties
The History of Lockwood and North Crosland (1980) by Brian Clarke:
Coming from the place descriptive name of Burton, a man of this name holding lands in the area in the 13th century.