Arthur William Armitage (1883-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ARMITAGE, ARTHUR WILLIAM. Rifleman. No C/7762. 18th Battalion Kings Royal Rifle Corps. Born Lepton 25.4.1883. Attended Moldgreen Council School. Worked as a milkhand for Messrs Rhodes and Brierley, Kirkheaton. Married, with six children. Lived 44 Fleming House Lane, Dalton. Enlisted November, 1916. Killed in action at the Battle of Flers, 15.9.1916, aged 34 years. Buried in BULLS ROAD CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row G, Grave 3.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Kirkheaton.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Rifleman ARMITAGE
- regiment: King's Royal Rifle Corps
- died: Friday, September 15, 1916
- record ID: 193606
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #193606)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #657851)