Arthur Swallow (c.1896-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SWALLOW, ARTHUR. Private. No 3220. 1/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Huddersfield. Son of John William and Jane Swallow, Lower Hall, Kirkheaton. Employed as a finisher by Messrs John Lee Walker and Sons Limited, Woodhouse Mills. Was a member of Kirkheaton Parish Church choir and the Cooperative Choir. Was keenly interested in bell ringing. Enlisted at the outbreak of the war. Embarked for France in April 1915. Killed in action, 4.11.1916, aged 20 years. Buried FONCQUEVILLERS MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row J, Grave 17.
- Brother of Private WILLIAM HENRY SWALLOW killed in action, 23.4.1918.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ARTHUR SWALLOW
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Saturday, November 4, 1916
- age: 20 years
- record ID: 197101
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #197101)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4330702)