Arthur Roden (c.1885-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- RODEN, ARTHUR. Gunner. No 127576. 199th Siege Battery, Royal Garrison Artillery. Born Sandiway, Cheshire. Son of Fanny Roden, of Sandiway, Cheshire, and the late John Roden: Husband of Ada Mary, aged 32 years. Buried BUCUOY ROAD CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row G, Grave 13.
- ROH:- Emmanuel Church, Shelley.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner ARTHUR RODEN
- regiment: Royal Garrison Artillery
- died: Saturday, December 29, 1917
- age: 32 years
- record ID: 179396
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #179396)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3799565)