Arthur Noble (c.1887-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- NOBLE, ARTHUR. Private. No 42570. 2nd Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment. Son of Mr and Mrs Alfred Noble, Wood Nook, Meltham. Husband of Hannah Noble, 8 Park Terrace, Upperthong Lane, Holmfirth. Had worked on the London and Yorkshire permanent way (Brockholes section). Enlisted 10.2.1917. Embarked for France 20.5.1917. Killed in action, 22.6.1917, aged 29 years. Buried MENIN ROAD SOUTH MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row S, Grave 18.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ARTHUR NOBLE
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Friday, June 22, 1917
- age: 29 years
- record ID: 96721
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #96721)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3253517)