Arthur Mettrick (c.1886-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- METTRICK, ARTHUR. Private. No 270061. 2nd Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment. Born Holmbridge, Holmfirth. Son of the late Mr and Mrs Jonas Mettrick, Digley Royd, Holmbridge. Husband of Mrs Mettrick, 38 Brownhill Lane, Holmbridge. Educated Field End School, Holmbridge. Attended St. David's Church and Sunday School and was a member of the choir for 16 years. Employed as a weaver by Messrs W. H. Barber, Clarence Mills, Holmbridge. Enlisted April 1917. Embarked for France in July, 1917. Died as a Prisoner of War on 27.5.1918, aged 31 years. Buried SISSONNE BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Row C, Grave 11.
- Brother of Private FRANK METTRICK died of wounds, 28.9.1817.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private METTRICK
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Monday, May 27, 1918
- record ID: 3071177
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #3071177)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3019649)