Arthur Mellor (c.1893-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MELLOR, ARTHUR. Private. No 241610. 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Hepworth. Son of Joshua and Annis Mellor of Dean Bridge Farm, Hepworth. Employed as a miner by Messrs Tinker Brothers, Wood Pit, Hepworth, and by Messrs J. and J. W. Longbottom, Bridge Foundry, Holmfirth. Was well known in the Holmfirth district as a gymnast. Enlisted 13.3.1916. Reported missing, presumed killed, at the Battle of Bullecourt, 3.5.1917, aged 23 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- Brother of Private LINDLEY MELLOR died of wounds, 25.12.1916.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ARTHUR MELLOR
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, May 3, 1917
- age: 23 years
- record ID: 780966
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #780966)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3005414)