Arthur Kaye (c.1891-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- KAYE, ARTHUR. Private. No 5165. 2/6th Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment. Born Huddersfield. Son of John and Fanny Kaye, Block Row, Lepton. Employed by Messrs Rhodes and Brierley Limited, Kirkheaton. Killed in action, 20.2.1917, aged 25 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Lepton Parish Church; St. John's Church, Kirkheaton.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ARTHUR KAYE
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Tuesday, February 20, 1917
- age: 25 years
- record ID: 797377
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #797377)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2207608)