Arthur Howard Dawson (c.1890-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- DAWSON, ARTHUR HOWARD. Private. No 14232. 9th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Holmfirth. Son of Mrs Firth Dawson of Hinchliffe Mill, Holmfirth. Employed as a tailor by his elder brother, Mr Walter Dawson. Attended Hinchliffe Mill Liberal Club. Played football for the Holmbridge football club. Killed in action, 7.7.1916, aged age 26 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- Brother of Private GEORGE WILLIE DAWSON, killed in action, 1.7.1916.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ARTHUR HOWARD DAWSON
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Friday, July 7, 1916
- record ID: 756190
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #756190)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1145689)