Arthur Holt (1891-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HOLT, ARTHUR. Private. No 29007. 8th Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment. Born Almondbury 29.1.1891. Educated Almondbury Board School. Employed as a warehouseman by Messrs Sykes and Tunnacliffe, Northfield Mills, Almondbury. Attended Zion Methodist Church, Almondbury, and was a member of the mixed choir. At the time of enlistment, was living at 77 Hill Top Road, Paddock. Single. Enlisted 20.3.1916. Wounded 18.10.1917. Died of wounds at No 2 Canadian Casualty Clearing Station, 22.10.1917, aged 26 years. Buried LIJSSENTHOEK MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 25, Row G, Grave 12a.
- ROH:- Almondbury War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ARTHUR HOLT
- regiment: Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Monday, October 22, 1917
- age: 26 years
- record ID: 144855
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #144855)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1947648)