Arthur Heeley (c.1891-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HEELEY, ARTHUR. Private. No 29323. 10th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Thongsbridge. Son of Elliot and Sarah Jane Heeley, 24 Albert Place, Thongsbridge. Educated Wooldale Council School. Was a member of Thongsbridge Cricket Club. Attended Thongsbridge Mission Church. Enlisted 4.9.1916. Embarked for France in January, 1917. Died of wounds at No 7 Stationary Hospital, Boulogne, on 12.6.1917, aged 25 years. Buried BOULOGNE EASTERN CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 4, Row A, Grave 1.
- His parents had received a message on 10.6.1917 from the Sister in charge of the hospital informing them of his serious condition and adding, 'He wished me to write you and send you his love.'
- Brother of Private HAROLD HEELEY killed in action, 25.8.1916
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ARTHUR HEELEY
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Tuesday, June 12, 1917
- age: 25 years
- record ID: 47052
- History of Netherthong: Netherthong and its WW1 heroes
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #47052)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1822865)