Arthur Halstead (1899-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HALSTEAD, ARTHUR. Private. No 80380 13th Battalion Durham Light Infantry. Born Wren Street, Paddock 5.3.1899. Son of Herbert and Emma Halstead, 4 Branch Street, Paddock. Educated All Saints School, Paddock. Employed as a finisher by Messrs John Lockwood and Sons Limited. Single. Enlisted April 1917. Killed in action, 23.10.1918, aged 19 years. Buried CROSS ROADS CEMETERY, FONTAINE-AU-BOIS. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row H, Grave 28.
- ROH:- All Saints Church, Paddock; Shared Church, Paddock; Salendine Nook Churchyard; Milnsbridge War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ARTHUR HALSTEAD
- regiment: Durham Light Infantry
- died: Wednesday, October 23, 1918
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 296231
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #296231)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #5276131)