Arthur Halstead (1899-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HALSTEAD, ARTHUR. Private. No 80380 13th Battalion Durham Light Infantry. Born Wren Street, Paddock 5.3.1899. Son of Herbert and Emma Halstead, 4 Branch Street, Paddock. Educated All Saints School, Paddock. Employed as a finisher by Messrs John Lockwood and Sons Limited. Single. Enlisted April 1917. Killed in action, 23.10.1918, aged 19 years. Buried CROSS ROADS CEMETERY, FONTAINE-AU-BOIS. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row H, Grave 28.
- ROH:- All Saints Church, Paddock; Shared Church, Paddock; Salendine Nook Churchyard; Milnsbridge War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ARTHUR HALSTEAD
- regiment: Durham Light Infantry
- died: Wednesday, October 23, 1918
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 296231
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #296231)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #5276131)