Arthur George Humphries (1881-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HUMPHRIES, ARTHUR GEORGE. Private. No 36488. 1/7th Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. Born Stroud, Gloucestershire, in 1881. Educated at Newtown, Montgomery, North Wales. Husband of Elizabeth Humphries, 4 Newhouse Place, Bradley Lane, Huddersfield. Employed as a tram driver by the Huddersfield Corporation Tramways Department. Enlisted 24.1.1917. Reported missing, presumed killed, at the Battle of Passchendaele, 26.10.1917, aged 36. Has no known grave. Commemorated TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Holy Trinity Church, Huddersfield.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ARTHUR GEORGE HUMPHRIES
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Friday, October 26, 1917
- age: 36 years
- record ID: 1632711
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1632711)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2562530)