Arthur Firth (c.1892-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- FIRTH, ARTHUR. Private. No 19932. 6th Battalion King's Own Scottish Borderers. Born Cumberworth. Son of George Thomas and Emma Firth of Upper Cumberworth. Educated at Leeds College and was a teacher at Garforth Council School. Enlisted May 1915. Killed in action, 3.5.1917, aged 24 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ARTHUR FIRTH
- regiment: King's Own Scottish Borderers
- died: Thursday, May 3, 1917
- age: 24 years
- record ID: 1557036
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1557036)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1239483)