Arthur Ernest Flagg (1887-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- FLAGG, ARTHUR ERNEST. Private. No G/52469. 2nd Battalion Middlesex Regiment. Formerly No 41894 York and Lancaster Regiment. Born West Plumstead 15.2.1887. Son of the late Arthur Henry and Charlotte Flagg, 'The Homestead', Cucketfield Grove, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex. Educated at schools in Woolwich and Greenwich. Husband of Violet Gertrude Flagg, 28 Imperial Road, Edgerton, Huddersfield. Employed as a mechanical dentist. Enlisted 11.4.1917. Killed in action, 1.8.1917, aged 30 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated MENIN GATE MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Holy Trinity Church, Huddersfield.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ARTHUR ERNEST FLAGG
- regiment: Middlesex Regiment
- died: Wednesday, August 1, 1917
- age: 30 years
- record ID: 1612507
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1612507)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2477937)