Arthur Edward Ainley (c.1892-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- AINLEY, ARTHUR EDWARD. Private. No 2287. 44th Battalion Australian Infantry, Australian Imperial Force. Born Huddersfield. Lived Outlane. Attended Bethel United Methodist Church, Outlane. Son of William and Jane Ainley, 327 Perth Street, Subiaco, Western Australia. Native of Ballarat, Victoria, Australia. Worked in Australia as a storekeeper. Sailed from Fremantle, Western Australia, on the Port Macquarie on the 13th October, 1916. Killed in action, 10.6.1917, aged 24 years. Buried MESSINES RIDGE BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Special Memorial 6.
- ROH:- Bethel United Methodist Church, Outlane.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ARTHUR EDWARD AINLEY
- regiment: Australian Infantry
- died: Sunday, June 10, 1917
- age: 24 years
- record ID: 482204