Arthur Dyson (1897-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- DYSON, ARTHUR. Private. No 24467. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Hope Street, Deadwaters, Huddersfield, 7.2.1897. Son of John William and Eliza Dyson, 94 East View, Springdale Street, Huddersfield. Educated Rashcliffe Church of England School. Employed by Messrs George Mallinson and Sons Limited, Spring Grove Mills, Linthwaite. Attended Buxton Road Wesleyan Sunday School all his life. Was also a member of the Buxton Road Wesleyan Cricket Club. Single. Enlisted 29.3.1916. Killed in action near Ypres, 10.10.1917, aged 20 years. Buried POELCAPELLE BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 42, Row C, Grave 13.
- ROH:- St. Stephen's Church, Rashcliffe.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private DYSON
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Wednesday, October 10, 1917
- age: 20 years
- record ID: 491439
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #491439)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2417241)