Arthur Crosland (c.1888-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- CROSLAND, ARTHUR. Private. No 32495. 1st Battalion North Staffordshire Regiment. Born Wasp Nest Road, Hillhouse. Son of Fred and Jane Crosland, of Berry Brow. Educated at Berry Brow Council School. Attended Berry Brow Wesleyan Church. Employed as a pattern weaver. Single. Enlisted November 1916. Was under treatment in No 35 General Hospital at Calais for bronchial pneumonia, following gas poisoning, when he was killed by enemy aircraft during an air raid on the hospital, 31.5.1918, aged 29 years. Buried LES BARAQUES MILITARY CEMETERY, SANGATTE. Grave location:- Plot 4, Row A, Grave 13a.
- ROH:- Armitage Bridge War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ARTHUR CROSLAND
- regiment: North Staffordshire Regiment
- died: Friday, May 31, 1918
- age: 29 years
- record ID: 85720
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #85720)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1030495)