Arthur Coldwell (c.1885?-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- COLDWELL, ARTHUR. Private. No 29/701. 20th (Tyneside Scottish) Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. Born Meltham. Son of Mrs Coldwell, Mill Moor Meltham. Employed by the Meltham Urban District Council. Killed in action, 9.11.1917. Buried WANCOURT BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row E, Grave 7.
- ROH:- St. Bartholomew's Church, Meltham.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private COLDWELL
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Friday, November 9, 1917
- record ID: 32306
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #32306)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #883120)